We Discuss About That NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 2 Answers
Table of Contents
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 2 Answers
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 2 Answers – Here All The Questions and Answers Provided to Help All The Students and NPTEL Candidate as a Reference Purpose, It is Mandetory to Submit Your Weekly Assignment By Your Own Understand Level.
Are you looking for the Assignment Answers to NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 2 Answers? If Yes You are in Our Great Place to Getting Your Solution, This Post Should be help you with the Assignment answer to the National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) Course “NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 2 Answers”
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 2
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality
From My Side : The route targets to motive a primary recognition approximately the importance of gentle capabilities in expert and inter-private communications and facilitate an all-spherical improvement of persona. Hard or technical capabilities assist securing a primary function in one`s existence and career. But handiest gentle capabilities can make certain someone keep it, climb further, attain a pinnacle, attain excellence, and derive fulfilment and superb joy. Soft capabilities incorporate nice and attractive persona tendencies as self-confidence, nice attitude, emotional intelligence, social grace, flexibility, friendliness and powerful verbal exchange capabilities.
ABOUT THE COURSE :
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Students, Teachers, Professionals, Trainers, Leaders, Employers
Next Week Assignment Answers
This course can have Associate in Nursing unproctored programming communication conjointly excluding the Proctored communication, please check announcement section for date and time. The programming communication can have a weightage of twenty fifth towards the ultimate score.
- Assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
- ( All assignments in a particular week will be counted towards final scoring – quizzes and programming assignments).
- Unproctored programming exam score = 25% of the average scores obtained as part of Unproctored programming exam – out of 100
- Proctored Exam score =50% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
UNPROCTORED PROGRAMMING EXAM SCORE >=10/25 AND PROCTORED EXAM SCORE >= 20/50.
BELOW YOU CAN GET YOUR NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 2 Answers
1. Choose the ‘key terms’ synonymous with “conflict:”
Answer:- a, b, d, f
2. Choose the persons with constructive conflict resolving quality:
a. Shabnam disagrees with ideas rather than disagreeing with an individual’s personality.
b. Yusuf politely asks his neighbours not to park vehicles in front of his home and directs them to an alternative parking place.
c. Raveena disagrees with an individual rather than with their ideas.
d. Sundar’s disagreement delays his group’s project and upsets their progress.
e. Joe always expects apologies from others.
f. Gurpreet takes responsibility and tries to have a win-win solution.
Answer:- a, b, f
Answers will be Uploaded Shortly and it will be Notified on Telegram, So JOIN NOW
3. Consider the situation: You have a close friend circle of four members. One day, two of your friends are fighting in college on open ground. You stop them and enquire about the reason for their fight. They both blame each other for conspiring against them in the upcoming college election and spreading misinformation that would hurt their reputation. You also understand that your friends came to know about each other’s misdeeds through gossip. The situation is getting hot and could cost their friendship. It could destroy your close friend circle. How would you resolve the conflict in such a scenario?
a. You will try to get the facts and attempt to verify the objective truth beyond the information gathered from gossip.
b. You will advise them to focus on the problem rather than blaming each other.
c. You will ask them not to discuss anything about this and leave the place.
d. You will take them to a conducive environment as the open ground is not a place for negotiation.
e. You will ask them to listen to each other’s stories patiently and decide after scrutinizing the truth from the gossip.
f. You will allow them to abuse each other and quarrel but in a private place rather than an open ground.
Answer:- a, d, e
4. Why should one aim for a win-win solution?
a. It will create an intense feeling of mutual respect.
b. It will help one to get all the attention and can boast about their generousness.
c. Love grows deeper with every conflict resolved in a way that would benefit both the parties.
d. It will help one from going to court, which would save money.
e. It will help people become more intense and more compassionate with each other.
f. One should not move toward a win-win solution.
Answer:- a, c, e
5. Identify all the destructive traits that occurred during the conflict between the son and dad, as discussed in the Lecture-09:
a. Father belittled his son by comparing his score with others which functions as blame and a reason for failing to keep his promise.
b. Both were accusing each other instead of taking responsibility for the conflict.
c. Father keeps insisting that the problem is with his son, which provokes him.
d. They were taking responsibility instead of blaming each other.
e. Father uses abusive words such as “ungrateful dog.”
f. They both were trying to play the victim and wanted the other to apologize.
Answer:- a, c, e
6. The skill of Conflict Resolution is essential because:
- [ ] It will make one the desired person in both professional and personal space.
- [ ] It will help one to gain an authoritative power.
- [ ] It will help one to build harmonious relationships with others.
- [ ] It will help one win an Oscar Award.
- [ ] It can determine one’s ability to be a leader.
- [ ] It will help one to solve a software program.
Answer:- a, c, e
7. Choose the appropriate statements that “emphasizes needs” rather than “demanding solutions” during a conflict:
- [ ] “Hey, guys! Nice Music! I need a quiet atmosphere because I am preparing for my exam tomorrow.”
- [ ] “Hey! There is some error in your typing. Nothing to worry about, I will rectify them. Give me the document.”
- [ ] “Sir, could you kindly not park the vehicle in front of my home. It blocks our passage. I will show you an alternative place.”
- [ ] “Hello, sir, this is a railway station, and many people are here. Could you kindly not smoke in a public place?”
- [ ] “I know you are good at English but struggle with Mathematics. How was the exam? Would you pass the exam?”
- [ ] “You goose, we are just freaking out, you can find a peaceful place yourself.”
8. “Putting yourself into the shoes of the others” means:
- [ ] To borrow a shoe from your friend and wear it to a party
- [ ] To express empathy
- [ ] To donate a shoe to a homeless person
- [ ] To try and understand what another person might feel
- [ ] To oppose what others are trying to say
- [ ] To deny the experience of another individual and promote only your experience
Answer:- b, d
9. Choose the CORRECT statements about conflicts:
- [ ] Interpersonal conflict happens within oneself.
- [ ] Intrapersonal conflict happens between two or among a few people.
- [ ] Intrapersonal conflict needs the toughest conflict resolving skills.
- [ ] Intergroup conflict occurs within a group.
- [ ] Intragroup conflict happens between two or among different groups.
- [ ] Intrapersonal conflict leaves one with a psychological dilemma.
Answer:- c, f
10. Identify the ways to focus on the problem rather than on the person:
- [ ] Find the cause rather than the doer
- [ ] Listen to the opposition to know their values
- [ ] Have the attitude: “It is not the person I am opposing but a few of his notions.”
- [ ] Always blame the opposition for the conflict
- [ ] Be rigid with your ideas and never submit to your opposition’s views
- [ ] Always fight to prove your point
Answer:- a, c
11. Choose the ODD statement out regarding conflict:
- “Should I get up or sleep for a while?”
- “I am not sure whether I should skip breakfast or eat it.”
- “I am exhausted, but I have work. Should I procrastinate or not?”
- “Should I give up laziness or not?”
- “I am confused; which treatment should I prefer for my knee pain: Ayurvedic or Allopathic?”
- “You always say ‘okay,’ but you never actually care what I want.”
12. What does NOT make conflict a positive event?
- Conflict can be used for clarifying, learning, and for promoting a stimulating environment.
- It can help strengthen an intimate relationship.
- Creative solutions can be arrived at in the workplace.
- Conflicts can create anxiousness and confusion in children, leading to psychological disorders.
- It helps in developing new ties and friendships.
- Conflicts are opportunities for growth and overcoming hurdles.
13. Based on the given description, identify the person who is handling conflict in the WRONG way:
- Imran always embraces conflict and sees it as a part of day-to-day life.
- John retrospectively looks at the conflict and introspects on the ways he resolved it.
- Vivek, instead of being a passive observer at the time of conflict, tries to help people to resolve it.
- Mala gently interferes in unknown situations and attempts to resolve conflicts.
- Raju does not listen to others’ experiences but tries to dominate and win conflicts.
- Gauri uses conflicts as stepping-stones to strengthen her character and personality.
14. Raju usually appears to be a casual person who does not start his assignment till the day before the deadline. His inactiveness can only be broken when forced or under pressure to work. Nonetheless, once Raju starts the work, he finishes it before time and in a perfect manner. He seems to enjoy doing great work at the last moment. How would you interpret this situation?
- There should not be any deadline for assignments.
- Raju is incapable of doing any work.
- Raju is using Eustress for his benefit and gets work done.
- Raju’s teacher is a strict person who does not allow late submissions.
- Raju’s teacher puts a lot of pressure on students.
- Raju is an active person in his class.
Answer:- For Answer Click Here
15. What is NOT a trait of Eustress?
- It helps in brainstorming and inducing creative ideas.
- It helps to become an expert at solving problems at the last minute.
- It pumps in adrenalin.
- It slows you down and will give splitting headaches.
- It helps to break inactivity.
- It has a positive effects on people.
16. Hans Selye says: “It is not ________ that kills us, it is our _________ to it.”
- blood pressure, medication
- cancer, reaction
- stress, reaction
- reaction, stress
- accident, carelessness
- war, lethargy
17. What is the way to master stress?
- Get into substance abuse and liquor practices
- Isolate yourself and avoid opening up to anyone
- Shout at people to relieve stress
- Have healthy habits and focus on intrapersonal stress first
- Avoid medical help even if the mental pressure is out of control
- Lie to friends and family that you are not under stress
18. What is the CORRECT statement about stress?
- Stress in an Italian way of cooking.
- Stress is the reason for the formation of black holes.
- Stress is caused by mental pressure, emotional worries and physical strain.
- Stress is the state when an individual is at serenity.
- Stress indicates that you have a better personality.
- Stress is the name of a computer program.
19. You are going on a business trip to sign a deal for your company. Unfortunately, you overslept at the hotel due to the body pain from travelling and were late for the meeting. You panic and start worrying that the company might fire you off. To make matters worse, on the way to the meeting, you find that you have brought in the wrong documents. You lose your emotional stability and break down, considering the blunder you have made. You are starting to have severe headaches, shortness of breath, and you lose your composure. You feel lost and do not know what to do next. What is the diagnosis of this situation?
- You are a person who has better conflict resolution skills.
- You don’t care about the document because you are capable of win-win negotiations.
- You are focusing on the need rather than the solution.
- You are stressed due to the recent mishaps and cannot handle it.
- You are a happy-go-lucky person.
- You are capable of diffusing anger.
20. Who wrote the book Marriage and Morals?
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Bertrand Russell
- Chetan Bhagat
- Albert Camus
- R. K. Narayan
- Toni Morrison
21. Stress is a balance between situational demand and professional supply.
22. “I am right, but you are wrong” can lead to a win-win negotiation.
Answer:- For Answer Click Here
23. Third-party assistance to resolve conflict is ineffective.
24. Harmful stress is also known as “distress.”
25. Three levels of conflict resolution are negotiation, mediation, and meditation.