We Discuss About That NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 4 Answers
Table of Contents
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 4 Answers
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 4 Answers – Here All The Questions and Answers Provided to Help All The Students and NPTEL Candidate as a Reference Purpose, It is Mandetory to Submit Your Weekly Assignment By Your Own Understand Level.
Are you looking for the Assignment Answers to NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 4 Answers? If Yes You are in Our Great Place to Getting Your Solution, This Post Should be help you with the Assignment answer to the National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) Course “NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 4 Answers”
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 4
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality
From My Side : The route targets to motive a primary recognition approximately the importance of gentle capabilities in expert and inter-private communications and facilitate an all-spherical improvement of persona. Hard or technical capabilities assist securing a primary function in one`s existence and career. But handiest gentle capabilities can make certain someone keep it, climb further, attain a pinnacle, attain excellence, and derive fulfilment and superb joy. Soft capabilities incorporate nice and attractive persona tendencies as self-confidence, nice attitude, emotional intelligence, social grace, flexibility, friendliness and powerful verbal exchange capabilities.
ABOUT THE COURSE :
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Students, Teachers, Professionals, Trainers, Leaders, Employers
Next Week Assignment Answers
This course can have Associate in Nursing unproctored programming communication conjointly excluding the Proctored communication, please check announcement section for date and time. The programming communication can have a weightage of twenty fifth towards the ultimate score.
- Assignment score = 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
- ( All assignments in a particular week will be counted towards final scoring – quizzes and programming assignments).
- Unproctored programming exam score = 25% of the average scores obtained as part of Unproctored programming exam – out of 100
- Proctored Exam score =50% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
UNPROCTORED PROGRAMMING EXAM SCORE >=10/25 AND PROCTORED EXAM SCORE >= 20/50.
BELOW YOU CAN GET YOUR NPTEL Developing Soft Skills and Personality ASSIGNMENT 4 Answers
1. Choose all the correct statements concerning ‘Verbal Communication’:
a. The four aspects of verbal communication are integrated.
b. Listening and reading are comprehension skills.
c. Writing and speaking are comprehension skills.
d. Listening and speaking skills are significant for job interviews.
e. Talkative people communicate better than silent people.
f. Listening is an active mental process.
Answer:- a, b, f
2. An academic conference on Physics is organized in Chennai. One of the keynote presenters talks about the relation between Physics and Taoism. Some members started mocking the presenter, and many left the conference room even before the speaker finished his presentation, thinking that science and philosophy cannot cohere as the former is based on facts, while the latter, on abstract ideas. A few years later, his ideas, published as a book titled The Tao in the Physics, was globally acclaimed, and won him many international awards. Identify the lessons pertaining to communication from the given scenario:
a. Listeners should not be prejudiced against the speaker(s) and his/her ideas.
b. Active listeners are supposed to be troublemakers.
c. Listening with preconceived notions is a major hindrance to communication.
d. One should listen with an open mind.
e. nHearing is better than listening in an academic conference.
f. The speaker should force the audience to listen.
Answer:- a, c, d
Developing Soft Skills and Personality Assignment 4 Answers July 2022
3. Choose the correct statements about good communication:
a. Good communication involves the whole body.
b. Good communication makes the speaker feel that his words are given proper attention.
c. Good communication involves a lot of interruption.
d. Good communication is where the speaker and the listener share their prejudices.
e. Good communication involves appreciation and acknowledgement.
f. Good communication has nothing to do with body language.
Answer:- a, b, e
4. Consider that you are conducting a two-day workshop at IIT Kanpur on the topic, “How to Become an Active Listener.” At the end of the last day, you want to summarize everything you have taught. What are the appropriate points to add to your summary?
a. Be courteous–Be considerate–Treat the speaker as a guest
b. Pay full attention–Eliminate distraction–Switch off the phones
c. Interrupt often–Click pictures and post them on Instagram during a speech
d. Carry a diary with you–Note down essential points–Minimize self-talk
e. Reflect on the lecture–Seek clarification–Show empathy
f. Distract the speaker–Show off your costly phone-leave the conference before the speech ends
Answer:- a, b, d, e
5. What are the significances of ‘Active Listening’?
a. It helps to understand other people.
b. It helps to assert authority.
c. It helps to maintain a successful professional and personal relationship.
d. It helps to learn about new fields.
e. It improves one’s negotiation skills.
f. It can help to know the needs of the customer.
Answer:- a, c, d, e, f
6. Consider a hypothetical situation where you are organizing a public lecture on environmental issues and global warming at the event of Holi. The Keynote speakers are highly reputed and globally recognized. Hence, you do not want any barriers to the audience’s listening experience and ensure that the ideas are received well. What are the precautions you would take to avoid any listening barriers?
Answer:- a, b, d, e
Developing Soft Skills and Personality Assignment 4 Answers July 2022
7. Identify genuine purposes for calling someone on the phone:
Answer:- e, f
8. Sudeep is from India but has lived in America for the past ten years. Owing to his busy work schedule, he did not visit his parents for a long-time. Hence, his parents, who are illiterate farmers, did not get an opportunity to see their grandchildren at all. Also their technological knowledge is limited to the use of an old television and a land line telephone. Sudeep had a bad experience talking over the phone to his father-in-law, who hates speaking over the phone; hence, he refrained from calling people from that moment. In such a situation, what are the appropriate ways for Sudeep and his parent to communicate with each other?
Answer:- d, e
9. Consider that you are working in a professional call center. What would be the best ways to tend to telephone calls?
Answer:- c, e, f
10. Identify the right ways to deliver unpleasant news:
Answer:- b, d
11. Identify the appropriate meaning of the following sentence: “When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.”
12. Mohan was an average student who lacked concentration, and mostly heard lectures mindlessly, believing that he was genetically programmed to be like this and could not be an active listener. What is the right advice you would give to Mohan?
13. Choose the appropriate statement about listening:
14. “The Human Communication” is a leading Human Relations and Public Relations company. Many celebrities hire their HR/PR from this firm for their publicity. The firm has scheduled a job interview to recruit young lads. You are invited as one of the panel members of the interview committee owing to your expertise in body language analysis. Your job is to find the best communicator through body language. Six candidates are in the final round, but only one can be recruited. Who would you consider having the appropriate skills among the six exhibiting the following traits:
15. What is NOT a psychological barrier to active listening?
16. Identify the person experiencing a communication barrier:
17. Identify the person who has appropriate telephone communication skills:
18. Fill in the blanks: “People used what they called a ________ because they hated being closer together and they were scared of being ________.”
19. What is NOT an appropriate way to end a telephone conversation?
20. Identify the WRONG way to deal with a difficult caller:
21. Research indicates that about sixty per cent of listening skill is involved in effective communication.
22. In verbal communication, reading and listening are production skills.
23. Talkative people communicate better than calm and silent people.
24. Hearing is a mental activity that requires a lot of effort and concentration.
25. Aristotle said, “No one loves the messenger who brings the bad news.”